Monday, October 19, 2009

It Could Go Either Way...

Last month (September), I was wandering around downtown DC with one of my very good friends.  We walked into one of those 'souvenir shops' that is really just a giant President Obama themed t-shirt outlet.  Seriously, this place was huge (that's a hard 'h' sound, but I'll address that in a future post)!  There's a Safeway Grocery Store in DC (and in this case I apply that label quite liberally) that is smaller than this t-shirt and nick-knack emporium. [see Link: DC Locals' Grocery Feelings ]

Anyway, while perusing their wares, I stumbled across this little diddy:















I'm having a hard time deciding if its a good or bad joke; of it its accidentally, blatantly, or not actually racist.  Does it depend on the wear-er?  On the place and/or situation worn in?  I don't even think I laughed when I first saw this.  I think I just thought, 'Wow, Really?'  Then I whipped out my phone and took a picture.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. How is there not a Waterfront Safeway mentioned in the link?!?! Seriously ... that's our "favorite." NOT!

    ReplyDelete